With the most recent update by the Oregon Health Authority to the COVID metrics, the Warrenton Hammond School District can now begin providing in-person instruction for students in grades 4th – 12th. This is great news! We are excited to be able to provide in-person instruction for students in all grades for the first time since last March.
Here is the plan for our first week of in-person instruction this school year:
- K-3 students will have in-person, on-campus instruction Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Friday is a distance learning day.
- Orientation Days for Students in Grades 4th – 12th
To begin the school year for students in grades 4th – 12th we want to support your child/ren in adapting to what will be a unique learning environment this year in our district. As such, our first days for in-person instruction next week will be orientation days for students in grades 4th – 12th as follows:
Grades 4-5: In-Person Orientation:
- Group A: Wednesday, 9/16 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Group B: Thursday, 9/17 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Grades 6 - 8: In-Person Orientation:
- Group A: Wednesday, 9/16 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Group B: Tuesday, 9/15 & Thursday, 9/17 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Grades 9 - 12: In-Person Orientation:
- Group A - Wednesday, 9/16 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Group B - Thursday, 9/16 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Transportation will be provided on the orientation days. Our transportation department or school office will be in touch with you in the next day or so with specific information regarding bus stop locations and times.