Housing Insecurity (McKinney Vento)
Family School LiaisonFamily advocates are available to help all students and their families get connected with resources within the school and community. We believe that students learn best when their family’s basic needs (such as shelter, food, etc.) are met.
- Access to our District food and hygiene pantry, and other District financial resources
- Support navigating community resources, including housing, healthcare, emergency financial help, food pantries, employment, DHS benefits, and more.
- Free school clothing
- School-sponsored sports fees
- Connecting with counseling and therapeutic support services
- Financial help for after-school activities
Youth Experiencing Homelessness
Who is eligible?
Students who lack a fixed, regular, adequate nighttime residence, including students who live:
- With another family due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- In a family or youth shelter
- In a motel or vehicle
- In a location that lacks heat or plumbing
What school can I attend?
Students who qualify for McKinney-Vento may have the option to attend:
- The school you last attended when you had permanent housing;
- The last school you attended;
- The neighborhood school where you are temporarily living.