WHSD Bond Construction Projects Update
WHSD Families and Community Members:
As most of you know, in November 2018 the communities of Warrenton and Hammond voted to support a $38.5 million bond to fund several facility construction and upgrades in our district. With matching grants, bond-premiums, and interest the total funding for these projects came to $45.5 million.
At that time the list of proposed projects included:
Location Proposed Project
New School Site Purchase Land for Master Campus
New School Site Construction of New Mid-School
New School Site Furnishings, Equipment for New Mid-School
Warrenton High School Replace Roofing
Warrenton High School Replace Windows
Warrenton Grade School Replace Siding
Warrenton High School Finish/ Equip CTE Building
WHS & WGS Upgrade/Replace Intercoms
WHS & WGS Security Entry Doors
WHS & WGS Upgrade Telecommunications
WHS & WGS Security Camera Upgrades
I am pleased to report that each of these projects is either complete or scheduled for completion by late August. Furthermore, since these projects have come in under budget the district has been in the fortunate position of adding or in some cases expanding the scope of the facilities projects.
Here is an update on each of the proposed and added projects:
1. Purchase of land for a master campus and construction of the Warrenton Middle School Campus:
The district purchased 58 acres off of Dolphin Road (just above the Oregon State Police barracks) that will eventually serve as a single master campus for the all schools in the district. The new Warrenton Middle School is the first campus on the new site. The new Warrenton Middle School campus will be ready to go in time for the start of school next September. Here are a few recent pics:
- New intercom systems have been installed at both the grade school and high school campuses. These allow for office announcements to reach all classrooms and locations in each building or for announcements to be targeted to certain zone or zones. The new system enable comprehensive communication on the campuses and improve our capacity to communicate in the event of an emergency.
- A security vestibule has been installed at Warrenton Grade School and a security "buzz-in" door is being installed at the main entrance to Warrenton High School this summer.
- High School Roof and Windows: A new roof and new windows have been installed at Warrenton High School
- Grade School Siding: The work to replace the obviously worn siding on Warrenton Grade School Started this week and will be finished in August.
- The exterior of the Warrenton High School will be painted this summer.
- The district's track and field facility (on the grade school campus) is getting renovated this summer. Here is a rendering of the renovated facility.
In summary, on behalf of Warrenton Hammond School District students, families, staff and Board of Directors, I thank our community for their support of this bond. Our district has an unwavering commitment to using these funds to the fullest in support of our kids. We believe these projects accomplish just that.
Thank you, again, for your support.
Warrenton Hammond School District